JAMESTOWN-- The University of Jamestown hosts top-ranked and defending national champion University of Saint Francis (Ind.) Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. from Rollie Greeno Field at Taylor Stadium.
Saturday's contest will be the first-ever meeting between the schools. Jamestown (0-1) is coming off a season-opening 31-3 loss against Hastings (Neb.) last Saturday, while the Cougars will be playing their first game of 2017.
• Hastings scored three times over a span of 4:56 in the first quarter on the way to a victory over the Jimmies last Saturday.
• Jamestown punted on five of their six first-half possessions, and had another drive ended as time ran out in the opening 30 minutes.
• The lone scoring drive for the Jimmies covered 70 yards over 13 plays, taking 7:16 off the clock and resulting in a 27-yard field goal by Chandler Johnson (FR/Albuquerque, N.M.).
• UJ won the battle of possession time (34:26-25:34), but the Broncos were able to outgain the Jimmies 353-216 as well as force three turnovers.
• RBs Allen Jevning (FR/Brainerd, Minn.) and Jimmy Hatch (SO/Sacramento, Calif.) ran for 64 and 63 yards respectively.
• WR Branden Edwards (SR/Apache Junction, Ariz.) caught 5 passes for 31 yards, but the Jimmies managed only 65 yards through the air. QB Dylan Klatt (SR/Crookston, Minn.) threw for 33 yards on 7 completions while QB Jordan Mann (SO/Bismarck, N.D.) completed 2 passes for 32 yards.
• DBs Keith Rogers (SR/San Diego, Calif.) and Aundre Purnell (FR/Garden Grove, Calif.) led the defense with 8 total tackles each. DE Zach Phillips (JR/Greenfield, Ind.) and LB Morgan Borland (SO/Brownsville, Texas) each registered a sack.
• Jimmie Athletics will have a live video webcast of Saturday's game available at http://portal.stretchinternet.com/jamestown
• KQDJ 1400 AM / 97.1 FM Radio is the official radio home of the Jimmies. Steve Linzmeier will have the call beginning with the pregame show at 11:30 a.m. To listen live online, go to http://www.newsdakota.com/ kqdj-1400am.
VIEW THE FULL VERSION OF THIS WEEK'S GAME NOTES:
• Beginning this week, fans can access the full version of Jimmie football game notes through their smartphones, laptops, and tablets. Jimmie Athletics will officially debut Quick Response (QR) codes for Saturday's game.
• A QR code sends you to a web address, and many smartphones and tablets already have a QR reader installed. You can also download a free QR reader app from your app store. Hold your phone or tablet's camera over the QR code to scan the black and white square. It will take you to the link or prompt you to open the link in a new browser.